Mark Knupp Muffler & Tire Inc. specializes beyond mufflers and tires, and offers all the car services you could possibly need to get your car in safe and reliable condition. Regardless of where it was built, they will service your car or truck and still maintain the manufacturer’s warranty. Mark Knupp Muffler & Tire Inc. has been independently operating since 1987 in Piqua, OH and continues to diligently serve that community.
Archive for August, 2009
Mark Knupp Muffler & Tire Inc. located in Piqua, OHAugust 31st, 2009
NATHAN’S AUTOMOTIVE – Auto Repair Shop in Gloucester, VAAugust 31st, 2009
Nathan’s Automotive can help solve any automotive issue your are experiencing in the Gloucester, VA area. They also offer small engine repair on lawn mowers, generators, and other tools. Despite the type of service you need on your vehicle, Nathan’s Automotive is the place to go. For more information, visit their website or just stop by!
The Future of the Auto AftermarketAugust 31st, 2009
Repair Shop Websites wants you to read this special report on the economy, its effects on the aftermarket, the overall future of the industry. Not everyone qualified for Cash for Clunkers and those people still needs car maintenance more than ever. Although the auto repair industry isn’t “booming”, it is stable and promising. Read more here.
Repair Shop That Integrates Team Bonus SystemAugust 31st, 2009
Cary Car Care shop has faired well despite the economy, and just recently the repair shop changed to a team bonus system. Rather than trying to focus on the technicians and how many hours they’ve flagged, the shop has turned it into something that involves those technicians and the general service as well. This was done to motivate staff members. The shop owner also mentions that NC, also home to Repair Shop Websites, does not seem to be as severely impacted by the economy when it comes to auto repair centers. To read more about this shop’s recent integration, click here.
ATI Fleet Services of Illinois – Decatur, IL 62526August 28th, 2009
ATI Fleet Services offers the Decatur, Il area all the services any auto needs to be running effectively. They are equipped and ready for their convenient location. Schedule an appointment today for you auto service and repair needs.
Palmer Tire & Auto of Palmer, AKAugust 28th, 2009
In Palmer, AK, Palmer Tire & Auto will deliver you rapid and accurate diagnosis and repair. Their staff of specially trained technicians supports a national computer database of more than 600,000 repair records. Put your car in the right hands and visit Palmer Tire & Auto.
Right to Repair LegislationAugust 28th, 2009
Are you aware of the issue with computerized “locked” automobiles and the effects it is having on repair shops? Repair Shop Websites wants to bring it to your attention. The newer computerized cars were made to make independent car shops unable to serve these modern cars, and force car owners to pay more at dealerships for their repairs. In efforts to be fair to consumers and small businesses, the Right to Repair Act was written up. Read more.
Acheson Auto Works located in Clive, IAAugust 27th, 2009
Before you head off for your Labor Day vacation, visit a trusted auto repair shop like Acheson Auto Works in Clive, IA. They can give you a pre-trip inspection to guarentee your safety before you hit the road and put a lot of miles on your vehicle. Acheson Auto Works has been independently owned at operated since 1947 and has always strived to give you the best service the first time around.
Robert Lawrence Auto Service in Summerville, New BrunswickAugust 27th, 2009
Robert Lawrence Auto Service is the repair specialist of choice in the Summerville area, and has been since 1986. If your car is due for an inspection and routine care, don’t hesitate to contact an auto repair shop. At Robert Lawrence Auto Service, they put the customer first.
Build a Bridge of TrustAugust 27th, 2009
What are consumers looking for from their service and repair provider? The same thing they are looking for from everyone they are spending money with…what is in it for them! They want you to meet their needs. They care about how convenient you are, how many certifications you might have and how many bays and awards you have, but mostly they care about how your services benefit them. Be proud of your accomplishments, but don’t let it ever overshadow what you can do to meet their needs.
What are they looking for? Reassurance!
- In our economic environment, share with consumers the benefit of preventive maintenance. I am hearing every day from my customers that people aren’t fixing it until it is broke! Take the fear of preventive maintenance cost away from consumers by explaining how affordable it really is, especially when compared to a repair. Assure them that you and your staff aren’t there just to see how many items you can find that are wrong until the $32 oil change becomes the $2,000 invoice. When you inspect their vehicle, assure them you are doing so because you care about their safety, and you are checking to see what needs to be done now, what can wait and how long it can wait. In your marketing let customers know that an oil change is a bargain compared to a new engine, that tire rotations are a great deal compared to purchasing four new tires and other comparisons. You will be building a bridge of trust this way.
- When marketing be sure to be a “real” person to them. Let the customer know that you and your staff understand what concerns them today and you are there to help. Testimonials from satisfied customers (using their entire name) also let others know you are reliable and trustworthy and a value.
How do you let them know you can benefit them? There are many different ways to get in touch with consumers today. If they are a customer already, ask them how they prefer to hear from you. If you are prospecting, keep these things in mind before spending your marketing dollars.
- Newspaper and magazine readership have been in decline for a while now.
- Radio is having severe competition from Satellite radio and MP3 players.
- Yellow Pages have been in decline for a long time.
- 17% of consumers change their email address every six months.
- Thanks to TiVo, many people skip television commercials all together.
- People still check their mail boxes and look at each piece of mail. They may pitch it out, but it doesn’t get completely ignored.
- Community newspapers are still doing well so see if you can be a writer for the paper. We write articles for shop owners all the time for their local paper. This makes you the “expert” on auto care and people like dealing with experts. You can even let people know that to really save money during these times, prevention is the key!
- Websites are the tool consumers’ use most when they need to find a business. Instead of “letting their fingers do the walking” in the Yellow Pages they let them walk across the keyboard of their computer or Blackberry. Having a website is vitally important to any business and this includes service and repair shops. Be sure to include your website address on all of your marketing materials!
If you need help getting your message across or building those bridges of trust, just let us know! We are here to help!
By: Rhonda Hiltbrand