Simmons 4×4 Automotive Repair Center is the best place in Tuscon, Arizona to get your vehicle repaired and maintenance! Located at 3743 S Country Club Rd, these mechanics really know how to diagnose a problem and fix it! They even have their own Car Care Shop Talk on 104.1 KQTH! Stop on by the shop if your car is in need of 4X4 Services, brakes, oil changes, engine maintenance, electrical work and much more. So stop on by or call the shop at 520-884-0217 today!
Archive for May, 2018
Simmons 4×4 Automotive Repair Center | From the Family Car to Your Favorite Hobby, We Do It All & We Do It Right!May 31st, 2018
Repair Shop Websites has recently completed its survey of more than 200 independent repair shops across the United States, and we can announce that shops are prioritizing online-related marketing activities in their budgets, and that they remain happy with the return on investment of these activities. The survey was conducted over April and May of 2018, and focused on the marketing activities undertaken by independent shops, the financial impact of those activities, and how they plan to adjust their spending for marketing activities in the coming years.
Shops were asked to rank how much they spend on each of seven categories of marketing, with 1 being the highest and 7 being the lowest. Online related activities, such as website development, online review platforms and online advertising was by far ranked the highest expense among respondents. Email platforms and social media activities ranked second, and all other non-online activities were ranked behind these two.
In terms of satisfaction, 60% of respondents report being very happy or mostly happy with their return on investment for activities in the Online Search category. Ninety-four percent of respondents used some form of online search marketing for their repair shop, even if that was just a one-page website. Only six percent reported being unhappy with their return on investment for those activities, with a further six percent claiming they don’t use online marketing at all.
It’s been two years since VistaPrint commissioned a study which found that nearly half of the public wouldn’t do business with a company that had a badly designed website, including 95% of Millennials. An online presence that checks the basic boxes (such as the shop’s location, the services provided and usability on a mobile device) has become an essential part of attracting new customers. While it’s still easy to spend too much on Google Ads or custom design services, great organic search results are extremely valuable for any shop who needs to increase their car count, and there’s no better way to do that than having a great website.
The National Independent Automotive Repair Shop Marketing Survey covers many more topics, including most commonly marketed services, differentiators used in marketing, and seasonal marketing trends. Stay tuned as we release more information on how independent repair shops market their services!
To learn how Repair Shop Websites can provide a powerful and affordable way to attract new customers to your shop, call us at 866-665-1605 or email us at Team_RSW@RepairShopWebsites.com.
A&B Car Experts is the automotive expert in Round Rock. Since, 2008 we’ve provided the Round Rock area with reliable, affordable automotive maintenance and repair services. We have experience servicing all makes and models of domestic and import vehicles, and we’re honored to keep vehicles throughout the Round Rock area reliable and well-maintained. Our services include hybrid vehicle repair, hybrid vehicle battery repair, oil changes, brakes, tires, alignments, check engine light, and more! Call us at 512-326-1085 or visit us at 1915 N Mays St, Round Rock TX 78664.
As much as people complain about differences in the values held by each generation, in reality it has more to do with their age. As generations grow older, they find themselves interested in the same things as their parents were – for millennials, this means leaving the big city and moving to the suburbs, where they can raise a family. (And if they didn’t already, they’ll need a car to get around, too.)
Even though generations end up valuing the same things, however, they don’t live life in the same ways. Most importantly for shops, generations don’t consume information in the same ways. You can’t market to people unless you can reach them – here’s how to reach each generation needing auto repair.
People born in the mid-40s to the mid-60s made it all the way through college without having to use a computer. They were advanced in their career before the internet or smartphones were required to be successful. As a result, most baby boomers don’t rely primarily on the internet for their information. Boomers are more likely to prefer to communicate via phone or email rather than text messaging or social media. They respond to traditional media such as mailers and television or radio ads, and respond well to discounts. Internet advertising is less effective for most boomers.
Generation X are those born from the mid-60s to the early 80s. This generation was exposed to technology earlier in their careers, but spent more of their formative years without the internet, which wasn’t widely available until the late 90s.
The good news is that this group can be reached either through new or traditional media – although internet advertising is more efficient, they also watch TV and respond to mailers. The bad news is that this group was exposed to so much marketing during their lives that they became very cynical and distrusting of it. The more “sales-y” your marketing is, the less effective it will be.
Millennials were born from the early 80s to the early 2000s. Many of them have never known a time when the internet wasn’t their primary source of information and entertainment. Most have been using social media since they were old enough to drive, and they use it regularly. Traditional media is mostly ineffective for this group, because they don’t use it – even if they watch TV shows, they’re more likely to stream them over the internet than to tune in when the show first airs.
Like all generations when they were young, they are also more idealistic than older people. They want to support responsible businesses who help their employees and contribute to their community. They won’t do business with people they think are uncaring of their employees or their community, even if it will save them money. To attract Millennials, be honest, be positive, and most of all, you need to be marketing your services online.
To learn how Repair Shop Websites can help your repair shop gain more business, call us at 866-665-1605 or email us at Team_RSW@RepairShopWebsites.com.
Are you wondering how your auto repair shop can compete with the dealerships who have big marketing budgets? Are you worried that your car count is limited because of the bigger shop or business across the street?
You don’t have to settle for less. Watch our webinar recording on “Competing with the Dealership Across the Street” to learn about how your independent auto repair shop can effectively, and successfully compete with that nearby dealership.
You’ll also learn about:
- Three easy, cost-free ways to drive up your sales
- How to provide customer-focused customer service
- How community involvement attracts more customers
Advanced Diesel NWA is the spot to go when your truck or fleet needs to be seen by a mechanic! Located in Springdale, Arkansas this fleet repair shop know how to get you back on the road again. They know that time is valuable and have services that include oil changes, engine maintenance, electrical and drive train work. They even have a truck wash to make your fleet squeeky and shiny again! Call the shop at 479-717-2588 or stop on by at 1457 A East Robinson Ave!
Dave & Pat Seydel Auto & Truck has been a staple of the Iowa City automotive scene since 1973. We’ve spent this time proudly serving the Iowa City area and have become a valued part of the community. Our certified technicians will take care of your car like it was their own. Some of our services include inspections, brakes, diagnostics, check engine light, oil changes, engine repair & maintenance, transmission maintenance, a/c and more! Our custom hydraulics division provides a wide selection of hydraulic and industrial hoses. Visit us at 917 Maiden Lane, Iowa City IA 52240 or call us at 319-351-6805. Seydel Auto & Truck is “the best friend your car ever had.”
The following article is a guest post from Bob Cooper of Elite. It originally appeared in Elite’s Auto Shop Idea Center.
One of the single greatest challenges shop owners face today is finding and hiring the superstars. Regardless of whether you are looking to hire technicians or service advisors, here are some tips that will help you hire the stars.
- Accept the fact that with rare exception, the stars you are looking for are already working, and are reasonably satisfied. This doesn’t mean that they won’t be open to a conversation with you, because many of them will be. It’s your responsibility to identify those stars, and then reach out to them. Even if there is little or no interest on their part after speaking with you, you still win, because you have started a relationship. Not only may the time come when they reach back out to you, but I have learned over the years that the stars know the stars, so they may be able to provide you with the names of some other good candidates who would be interested in your offer.
- You should never offer someone a job, but should instead offer them an opportunity to join a company like yours. Beyond just a competitive wage, you will need to provide a compensation and incentive package that includes paid vacations and holidays, paid sick days, uniforms and ongoing training. In addition, you will need to provide the opportunity for growth and income advancement, security, rewards for tenure (such as retirement programs), and of course, leadership. Bear in mind that anyone can offer them a wage; what you need to offer is a package that shows that you really do care about the people who work with you. The rule that I have lived by for decades is that if you put out peanuts, you’ll get monkeys. The stars produce profits, whereas the monkeys produce debt.
- Whenever there is a shortage of skilled labor, you not only have to make the candidates an attractive offer, but you need to remove as many barriers as possible. Change is scary for most, especially if they have been with the same shop for years, so you need to be well aware of their fears. No matter how good a tech or an advisor is, one of the greatest concerns they’ll have is that you’ll be unable to deliver. A method I’ve used over the years is providing a really attractive guarantee for a number of months. Most shop owners are hesitant to do so because they fear that if the employee doesn’t produce, it will cost them a fortune. What they don’t realize is that if they do a better job of qualifying the candidates, and if they accept the fact that they can always terminate an underperformer, their concerns should diminish dramatically. As business owners, we need to both set our fears aside and reduce the fears of the candidates. At Elite we are open and upfront with all candidates by telling them that on a predetermined date the hefty guarantee will be reduced to $XXX, and that we have every expectation that by the predetermined date they will be earning well more than the guarantee.
- We should never forget the rule that says, “When we hire Larry, we get Mary.” Simply put, if the candidate has a significant other in their life, with rare exception, they will be involved in the decision making process. This is why we strongly encourage you (whenever possible) to meet with the significant other as well as with the candidate. If Mary is sold on you and your company, then there is a really good chance that she will sell Larry on joining your team.
- Last but not least, you should let the candidates know about the culture of your company. The stars you are looking for may have well-paying jobs, but there is a good probability there is a vacuum when it comes to the culture of the company they are working for. If you let them know that you are committed to ethics, and that you and your entire team live by a principle that you will never put money ahead of people, you will discover you are able to hire the superstar you’ve been looking for.
Since 1990, Bob Cooper has been the president of Elite (www.EliteWorldwide.com), a company that strives to help shop owners reach their goals and live happier lives, while elevating the industry at the same time. The company offers coaching and training from the industry’s top shop owners, service advisor training, peer groups, along with sales, marketing and shop management courses. You can contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 800-204-3548.
Let Orlando Auto Doctor exceed your expectations when it comes to auto repair services. Under new ownership since 2015, the new owners give helpful, friendly advice and reliable repair services. We offer a number of services including Oil Changes, Brake Services, Alignments, Differentials, Check Engine Light Diagnostics, Tires, Auto A/C and Heating Services, Engine Repairs, Transmission Repairs, 4×4 Repairs, and even Hybrid Repairs. Call 407-894-8062 to schedule your appointment today, or stop by the shop at 1680 S Bumby Ave Orlando FL 32806.
From tires and alignment services, to oil changes and engine repair, Good Neighbor Automotive provides excellent customer service. This shop is full of great people who care about you and your vehicle! For the best auto repair and maintenance that money can buy, visit Good Neighbor Automotive at 193 Ryan Dr, Little Canada, MN 55117 today.