Corey’s Tyhee Automotive is an auto repair shop that serves the Pocatello, ID area with two locations. They are recommended around town with great service!. Some of the services that they provide are; oil changes, air conditioning services and wheel alignment, engine work & more. Which Location is closest to you? 12632 W Tyhee Rd at 208-237-7446 or at 407 E Gould St at 208-232-9111.They are the mechanics to help you with your car!
Archive for March, 2017
Corey’s Tyhee Automotive | Serving Southeastern Idaho!March 30th, 2017
“Excellent service. Clean, friendly shop.”March 28th, 2017
That’s what our clients say about us! You can trust Steve Iames Garner Automotive in Tucson, AZ 85730 with your auto repair and maintenance needs too! Our ASE Certified Technicians have experience working on both domestic and import vehicles of all makes and models. Our services include auto maintenance, quick lube services, brakes, engines, transmissions, diagnostics, factory scheduled maintenance, and more. Call us today at 520-885-4935 or stop by our shop, conveniently located at 2699 S Pantano Road in Tucson. We look forward to serving you!
A++ Service at Redline Automotive & Transmission Inc.March 28th, 2017
If you need to find a knowledgeable and trustworthy repair shop, look no further than Redline Automotive & Transmission Inc. Since 2006 they have been providing customers in the greater Niagara Falls area with expert automotive repair and advice. They can handle all repairs from the most basic factory scheduled maintenance, oil changes, alignments, brake services, vehicle diagnostic services, auto a/c and heating services, to more complicated transmission and engine repairs. Stop by the shop at 5700 Otto Park Place Lockport, NY 14094 or call them today 716-433-8407 with any questions!
Visit Ed Taylor’s Automotive Clinic Inc. for good old-fashioned American valuesMarch 27th, 2017
Ed Taylor’s Automotive Clinic Inc. located at 4640 N Flowing Wells Rd. Tucson AZ 85705 is known for honesty, integrity, and character. You can trust them to get the job right the first time. Lonnie can handle any domestic repair from oil changes, 30/60/90 mileage maintenance, brakes, exhaust, engine maintenance, transmissions, vehicle diagnostic services, and automotive a/c and heating service. Give them a call today 520-887-1067 to schedule your next appointment and you will have a mechanic for life!
5 Ways to Find the Technicians You’re Looking ForMarch 27th, 2017
The following article is a guest post from Bob Cooper of Elite. It originally appeared in Elite’s Auto Shop Idea Center.
One of the challenges our industry has fought for years is finding and hiring qualified technicians. Here are 5 of the most successful techniques that I used to find the superstars when I was still operating shops.
1. Turn your employees into recruiters by saying, “Guys, you all know we need another technician, and I’d love to find someone that can not only produce, but someone that all of you enjoy working with. Now as you can imagine, I can invest a good amount of money in a recruiting campaign, but I’d rather see the money go into your pocket than into recruiting campaigns. So here’s what I’ll do: I’m sure you guys know other techs in the community, and I know that you meet them at training courses as well, so if you refer a really great tech to me, and if I hire them, then I’ll give you $2,000 on the first day they show up for work, and if they’re still with us after their 90 day probation, I’ll give you another $2,000. In essence, you can earn up to $4,000 for doing nothing more than helping me find another superstar just like you guys.”
Now before you jump to the conclusion that you’d never pay $4,000 as a referral fee, consider that not only is it an insignificant amount when you consider how much you’ll be paying a top tech, but just think of how much it will cost you if you hire the wrong tech. I have always been intrigued how so many people will not lay down a single dollar for a lottery ticket where they could win ten million dollars, but as soon as that jackpot gets to 100 million, you guessed it: People line up to buy the tickets. Interesting, isn’t it? It’s as though they’re saying “I’m not interested in ten million dollars, but when you offer 100 million, now you are talking real money, so you have my attention!” I have learned over the years that it’s the same with referral fees. The reward you offer has to be large enough to not only capture their attention, but it has to have that wow factor that brings results.
2. Ask every applicant for leads. When you have a tech or advisor filling out an employment application, always ask that they list two great techs they’ve worked with, or presently work with, as references. Not only can those references serve as a good source of info when you are performing your reference checks, but if you build relationships with the references during your calls, they may very well become employment candidates as well.
3. Make an offer that is hard to refuse. Go to your local dealerships, introduce yourself to the service manager, and say something like this: “Larry, the reason I wanted to speak with you is I am looking for a superstar technician with ___ experience. Now for the purpose of clarity, I’m not looking to recruit any of your employees; that’s not my interest Larry. What I’d like to do is speak with any of the superstars who have worked with you in the past, and for whatever reason, are no longer working with you here at your dealership. They may have gone on to another shop or dealership, and who knows, at this very moment they may not be very pleased with the company they’re currently working for. Now if you’re able to provide me with their names and contact info, or if you just reach out to them and have them contact me, this is what I’ll do for you… If I hire them, I’ll give you $2,000 on the first day they show up for work, and if they’re still with us after their 90-day probation, I’ll give you another $2,000. In essence, Larry, you can earn up to $4,000 for doing nothing more than putting me in touch with one of the superstar techs who has worked with you in the past, or that you may know of in our community.”
4. Sponsor a tool raffle. Tell your local tool truck driver that you will sponsor a raffle for a specific tool set, test equipment, etc. that has a value of $500. Now here’s how it works: You pay for the tools, the driver is able to sell raffle tickets at $5 each, and gets to keep all the ticket sales as well. The techs fill out each raffle entry with their contact info, and you get their names, phone numbers and email addresses.
5. Go to where the techs in your community go. Since techs are likely to have a quick lunch somewhere near their shop, consider grabbing a bite to eat at the fast food restaurants that are close to the shops and dealerships in your community. When the techs walk in at lunch time, all that you will need to do is introduce yourself to them, and strike up a casual conversation. Then you’ll just need to tell them you are looking for a superstar tech, hand them a business card, and the process has started.
In closing, the superstars are out there. All that you need to do is connect with them, then share your goals, your Mission Statement, the culture of your company, and how you can provide them with what every superstar is looking for: An opportunity to grow with an amazing shop, and help a lot of people along the way.
Since 1990, Bob Cooper has been the president of Elite (www.EliteWorldwide.com), a company that strives to help shop owners reach their goals and live happier lives, while elevating the industry at the same time. The company offers one-on-one coaching from the industry’s top shop owners, service advisor training, peer groups, along with sales, marketing and shop management courses. You can contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 800-204-3548.
Avery’s Auto Repair Inc | Car Repair Done Right!March 24th, 2017
Avery’s Auto Repair Inc is an auto repair shop that has served the Tucson, AZ 85747 area since 1984. Located in Arizona’s Sonoran Desert, their business focuses on providing service beyond expectation. Some of the services that they provide are; oil changes, air conditioning services and wheel alignment, tires & more! They are the expert for your car needs! Come on by 9025 E Camino Abril or contact them by phone at 520-574-1600 today.
Specialists in Diesel Repair and ServiceMarch 23rd, 2017
You can trust C P Auto Chasers for all of your auto repair and maintenance needs. We’ve been serving the motorists of the Tucson AZ 85711 area since 1984. We specialize in diesel repair and service, but our comprehensive auto repair services include oil changes, transmissions, alignments, brakes, factory scheduled maintenance, diagnostics, electrical services, and more. Call us today at 520-790-1050 or stop by our shop, conveniently located at 5901 E 22nd Street in Tucson. We look forward to serving you!
Nicholas Fleet Street Shell, earning the trust of Baltimore, MD since 1985!March 23rd, 2017
At Nicholas Fleet St. Shell in Baltimore MD, we understand that trust is earned. We would like to earn yours. Offering a variety of automotive services and repairs on all domestic and import vehicles, including the following: General Automotive Maintenance, Oil Changes, Alignments, Brakes, Tires, Engine Maintenance and Repair, Transmission Maintenance and Repair, Vehicle A/C and Heating Services, Electrical Services, and Diagnostic Repairs. Stop by the shop today at 601 S. Luzerne Ave. Baltimore, MD 21224 or call 410-675-4338 to schedule your appointment!
Character Beats Experience Every TimeMarch 23rd, 2017
When it comes to finding employees, personality and character traits are more important than experience. That’s one of the most important findings from Jim Collins’s Good to Great, one of the most influential business management books ever written.
The author is a Business School professor at the University of Colorado, and he worked with a research team of 20 people, gathering every piece of data he could from the most successful companies to try to identify the similarities between them. He was looking for what makes a great company, using one of the biggest data sets ever compiled.
What the research team found was that the most successful businesses made a habit of hiring slowly and firing quickly, making sure that only great employees found a home. Successful businesses were far more comfortable being short-staffed than they were being staffed with low-performers.
What makes for a great employee for your shop? What does their work ethic look like? Their sense of being part of a team? Their desire to outperform? Always doing what’s right? If you get the right employee, they can help you deal with whatever challenges you encounter. If you get the wrong employee, they will be the challenge, eating up all of the time you could be using to manage your shop for the benefit of yourself, your employees, and your customers.
This leads to another challenge: if you’re only willing to hire great employees, how do you find them, and how do you attract them to your shop? With the shortage of technicians the industry is facing, it’s not going to be easy to attract the best employees. In fact, your job solicitations will need to sell your shop.
Describe the type of work environment employees can expect when they come to work at your shop. Tell them about the perks – and tell them what they can expect from their fellow technicians. High-performers want to be surrounded with high-performers. The same goes for integrity, customer-focus and truly caring about their fellow co-workers. If you can create that environment, advertise that environment, and demonstrate that environment, you’ll attract the right kind of people to your shop. It may not happen immediately, but it will happen.
Are you looking to attract great employees to your shop? Let Repair Shop Websites help you recruit employees directly through your website! Call us at 855.219.7506 or email Team_RSW@repairshopwebsdites.com to learn more!
Circle Automotive Inc. in Monmouth Junction NJ is a “God Send”!March 22nd, 2017
From Emergency Roadside & Towing/Recovery Services to affordable and honest auto repair service for most Domestic & Import vehicles, Circle Automotive Inc. has all bases covered! They also perform Truck & Fleet service and repair. The customers say that the staff is so helpful and patient, which is hard to find at repair shops and towing companies! Call them today at 732-422-1300 or drop by 206 Deans Lane, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852 to see what they can do to help you.